Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sunny Winter Day - Briefly!

The day dawned in bright sun and a deep blue sky, perfect for some photography.  So I planned to head out after walking the dog.  But by the time I was ready a huge cloud bank was rolling in from the west fast, closing off that beautiful blue sky in a quick five minutes.  It was just like a blind being pulled down on a window.  Says something for getting out there quick when the light conditions are right!


I headed out anyway, and drove around looking for good viewpoints with safe parking. And I did find a few nice places to get pictures.  The barns are disappearing fast around here - three were removed down the road in one week, so some of my pictures were of favourite views with barns in them.  Both of these have the clilffs of Old Baldy looming above Kimberly in them, though they're different barns.


And this scene was further north, down one of the dozens of sideroads.  Nice winter day for a drive, even without the blue sky.  And maybe I'll get out the snowshoes this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment