Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Season is finally Changing

The temperature has risen, though only slightly above freezing, and at least part of the time, the sun is out.  It feels like winter is finally slipping away - though for the past 3 hours we've had very light wet snow.  By now the roads and the driveway are bare, though everywhere else is still white, quite a lot of white in places.  Believe it or not, there is still skiing, even cross-country skiing, something I've never heard of in late March.


It was sunny off and on the other day, so I headed out with the dog, determined to get some pictures of the brilliant blue sky.  We started into the woods, came out into the old farm fields, and I started looking for pictures that spoke to me - and the grey clouds started blowing over, obscuring the sun and the blue!  The sun kept reappearing, but briefly, and within minutes the grey clouds had taken over.


So we headed back home, and I thought I'd missed the chance.  As luck would have it, by the time we got home the grey clouds had thinned again and mostly blown over, leaving at least a little bright blue sky for me to capture.  Spring is in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment