Saturday, January 17, 2015

Fence Shadows

As I take my camera and drive around on sunny days in search of new photos, often of barns these days, I sometimes also find interesting patterns of shadows along fences here and there.

You have to be out at the right time of day, and see a fence from the right direction, to appreciate the shadows.  This looks particularly blue in the afternoon sun.

The shadows of this fence look somewhat curved, even though the fence rails are straight, but it's because of the curving snowdrifts to the east of the fence.

And just down the road, literally half a kilometer, is this fence, the shadows made more complex by the significant drifting all along the east side of the fence.  This fence is on the farm with the green barn I posted a photo of a few days ago, and in the summer I've photographed the workhorses pasturing here.

And this shadow is right here in our own backyard, back a few weeks ago when the snow wasn't deep yet. The bottom rail is buried now.

I've had several new Followers join over the past few days; welcome and I hope you enjoy following along.

Linking to:

And (4 Days Later):



28 comments:

  1. I find myself drawn in these shots to the texture of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Furry....
    Great shots.....snow is really a great backdrop for any photo...
    How are you feeling?
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great photos and but the first one with the blue shadow is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've given me a couple of ideas for my own photos, even if I don't have snow, I've certainly got shadows! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the shadows a lot - I rarely look for shadows - I'll have to be more observant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty fences, shadows and winter scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FG, your shadows are perfect on the snow. Have a special weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these and in the first one the shadows looks blue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those fence shadows are very pretty! I've noticed that the sun is beginning to get higher in the sky every day--and the days longer again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great. The snow provides a clean canvas which shows up the shadows beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Those first shots of blue shadow shapes are remarkable. In the first photo. the shadows are like a flag design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning shadow captures, especially the "blue" ones, how lucky you are to have a scene such as this to photograph through the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply beautiful. I really love that first photo, though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh the snow, those fences and shadow's are gorgeous, the shadows do look especially blue!!! looks like you picked the perfect time of day for your walk!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. (i do hope you'll link this to good fences next thursday, too! debbie sent me over to ooh and aah!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're very observant! Those shadows are great. They all take on a blue hue when projected onto the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What could be more delightful on a winter's day than following a snowy fence to see where it leads?

    Snow Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow.. nice pics.. but the intensity of that blue is unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect for a quiet walk. I can imagine how the snow crunches on every step.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I noticed the blueness of the shadows in that first one too. I like looking for shadows and reflections, but not much sun around here lately to produce either one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you!!! just awesome scenes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful fences and shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  23. No only are the fences fantastic but I love all the shadows

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great fence shots and the shadows are cool too. Have a happy weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete