Thursday, September 7, 2017

Gentle Sunset

We don't get many sunsets here, because there's a hill to our west.  But every now and then the sun lights up clouds across the whole sky in pink.  These colours are fairly subdued, but made a nice gentle sunset the other night.  Over 15 minutes the clouds moved from white to pink back to gray.  The sun itself has already set.

There really wasn't any pink in these beautiful cirrus clouds when I started our for my walk.

But before long I thought I detected a change.

By the time I saw these two planes, the clouds were definitely pink.  I wondered how the two planes would intersect.

They missed each other safely!

Already the lower clouds have lost their colour and turned to dark gray.  All in only about 10 minutes.

Linking to:

18 comments:

  1. The sky changes so quickly at sunset, FG. Love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful misty swirly clouds. I like to watch the clouds change
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful progression. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is interesting that we usually get the beautiful sunset sky AFTER the sun has set. :)
    Lovely sky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sky photos! We have tall trees to the west of our house, so I can get a sunset photo only when I am away from home.
    Those planes were probably at different altitudes, but still I would be wondering how close together they would come, too.
    Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome sunset photos, we rarely get them here too, because of the tall trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful how the sky picked up color as your walk progressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pink, and vapour trails, nature and man made, lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty watching the sky change as you walked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful! Thanks for these. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see this happening in our morning views. The sun keeps raising and the reflections can get to be so colorful. Then all of a sudden they are all back to plain colors again. You did get some great colors on those clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful - we don't get a lot of sunsets either - woods across the street - so I'll enjoy yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cloud colors. I have to drive out to see a horizon, too many trees:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice. I am looking out my window now and there is a lovely shade of pink in the sky.

    ReplyDelete