Sunday, October 29, 2017

Meaford harbour

I did find a few minutes to explore Meaford Harbour the other day, in between all the other chaos of the last few days!  Tomorrow is just a clean up day, and then we'll be finished at the old house.  Met the buyer today and gave him a tour, and it sounds like he will appreciate the gardens and trees we've enjoyed too, so that left me feeling good.

Here in the harbour a lot of the boats are now out of the water, up on land for the winter.  Just a few left to go.

I wandered around searching for new viewpoints, wondering how I'm going to provide pix of the bay without too much repetition!

This guy had walked out to the end of the breakwater to contemplate the bay.

Over in the industrial corner, these cranes were parked, two of them holding up a huge mostly submerged object of some sort.  No idea what it is.

As usual I stopped by the Coast Guard corner to see if they were in.  The Cape Providence is the Coast Guard ship that patrols Georgian Bay over the summer.

And off in the distance is the shadow of this island.  I'm going to have to bring down a good map and a compass, and try to figure out for sure what island this is.  I suspect it's Christian Island, over in the southeast corner of the bay.

One more day to go, and then we can turn to our forest of boxes here and get moved in!


20 comments:

  1. That island looks interesting, and the photos are great. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! A forest of boxes, oh my sounds like lots of work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you could persuade one of the cranes to lift you and see what view you might get from higher elevation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I'll mind a bit of repetition of this beautiful place, FG. Glad you're finally moved, if not exactly moved IN. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both must be relieved an end is in sight and you can settle in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a lovely day to walk along the bay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a good feeling to know the new owners will appreciate your plantings, and that you will have time to relax and get out and about more. I never tire of your views, no matter if they have been posted before.A truly wonderful part of the world where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So will you be selling the canoe and buying a yacht????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, love the views of the water and boats. I am sure the new owners will love your old place. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to know the new owner will continue your gardens. I share your concerns about photo repetition as I often encounter those same thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will enjoy that area and am looking forward to more pictures of the bay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice series of pictures of the beautiful harbor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken has a web page where he is keeping a detailed record of the house being built. If you are interested in reading it, send me an email and I'll give you the link.

      Delete
  13. beautiful captures - i'm glad you took a few minutes off to enjoy the area!!

    and how nice that the new owners of your home will appreciate the yard and gardens, that would mean a lot to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting happenings at the harbour. I'm sure you'll find lots of perspectives for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The harbour looks chilly now. Winter might be a challenge for new viewpoints, but it looks like a really hopping place for summertime interest. Enjoy the unpacking!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice harbor. I, too, feel like I'm sharing pictures of the same places over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would find that harbor interesting...

    ReplyDelete