Friday, October 6, 2017

Some Tiny Critters

I've found a number of critters in my camera lens recently, mostly by happenstance, as they appeared in a photo I was trying to take, or fluttered past my eyes.

I had read on a number of blogs about the number of Painted Ladies being seen, but until the other day I hadn't seen even one this summer.  Then this one fluttered past my eyes, and landed repeatedly on the driveway, sitting still politely while I got a good picture. 

I also got my first picture of a Monarch this year about 3 weeks ago, though we've seen quite a few fluttering past this summer.  It's sitting on a Ligularia bloom in the garden.

A not very good picture of a bee visiting a New England Aster in the meadow.

This bumblebee was crawling around the Fall Anemone flowers.

And I was sitting under the apple tree minding my own business when this Chipmunk popped out in the old stone fencerow to check me out.

A milestone in our move today, as we had our final walk-through of the new house.  It is done, complete and ready for us to move in.  The builder won't be coming back to finish any unfinished corners, 'cause it's ready!  We start moving late next week.

Linking to:

20 comments:

  1. It will soon be too cool for any of those little critters. So, you really think there's nothing left on the punch list of final things to do in/on the new house? Hope you're correct, but I bet there's something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful macro shots! And congrats on the completion of your new house. It must be exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope for fine weather, a trouble-free shift, and a lot of happy days in the new room for Mrs F.G. Lovely close-ups but" Mr C.M." with his stripes is my pick today. Trust me to so like a fellow we don't have down here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Painted Ladies turn up here in good numbers some years, none at all other years. No Monarchs on this side of the Atlantic unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your critters around the area.
    Nice that your house is all done, hope the move goes smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos of the small creatures in nature, AC.

    It must be exciting to have the new house ready to go. Lots of work ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pictures of the winged creatures. You have plenty of exertion ahead of you, but your quiet pictures today only speak of tranquility. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have been seeing a high number of Painted Ladies flitting around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures, as always!
    So exciting to move into a new home! Yay!
    Enjoy the move and don't stress, it'll be smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Love the pretty Painted lady and Monarch. the Chipper is a cutie too. It must be excited to be moving into your new home, congrats! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful butterflies ~ what a find and great photos ~ favorite is the chipmunk ~ to think he/she held still long enough to get the photo ~ ^_^

    A ShutterBug Explores aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful butterflies!
    May the move go smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful photos! I just love the butterflies and flowers and the chipmunk is s cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous butterflies, i was photographing them myself today!! i don't know how you capture a chipmunk, they are just too fast for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful little critters! What a sweet chipmunk!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's ready----OMG---do you believe it is READY!
    Beautiful images of the small critters.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed seeing all these small wonders, especially the chipmonk which has always eluded my camera. Good luck on your upcoming move into your new home. i missed the earlier progress reports, but glad to read that the end is in nearly in sight.

    ReplyDelete